Is it time to get Grounded?
Feeling like your head is in the clouds, forgetting what you are doing or fliting between tasks?
Perhaps you are ungrounded? Being ungrounded is common as we navigate these interesting times!! Being grounded or earthed is an essential daily practice. Get into the habit of doing this several times a day to remain balanced and prevent you feeling ‘ off kilter’
What does being grounded mean?
Being grounded means that we are present within our physical body and connected to earth. We feel centred and experience clarity and calm. It is sometimes called ‘Earthing’.
- It means that you are able to navigate through your day and life to the best of your ability.
- You use all your senses and your intuition to make empowered and informed decisions and choices.
- Present in your life – you are neither obsessed with the past or future
- Energetically planted firmly in your body instead of drifting off and being ‘in your head’
- Stable and secure and in control of your life
- Able to top-up your energetic battery
- It creates the ability to reach higher spiritual planes through meditation and guided journeys. (The deeper we are planted in the Earth the higher we can reach.)
Ungrounded. What are the signs to look out for?
- Feeling spaced out or scattered / scatty/ butterfly brained.
- Feeling confused, and /or where simple tasks seem unusually tricky or take more time that they normally do to complete.
- Feeling like you are ‘floating’ or maybe even like you are having an out of body experience or ‘away with the fairies’
- Forgetting appointments or other important things when you are normal organised and prompt?
- Making silly mistakes.
- Feeling confused, disoriented or clumsy.
- Feeling generally unwell (with no specific reason), totally lacking energy, tired and drained.
- Finding yourself slipping into daydreaming often, without you even realising.
- Feeling over stimulated and nervy or full of anxiety for no reason
- Unable to carry on normal conversation, including losing track of what you were saying.
Ways to Ground/ Earth yourself.
Here are my top ways to ground yourself. Put your phone away and try these.
Get outside and walk on the earth with bare feet. Feel your feet connect to the earth and stand like a tree, imagining roots from your feet into earth and earth sending energy back to ground you.
Hug a tree- seriously! Wrap your arms around your favourite tree or sit with you back to its trunk and, ask them to hold and ground you. You may even feel he tree sending you healing and love.
Do Yoga or another type of exercise you love. For me either going to yoga or going for a run helps me reconnect to my body an breath. Its circulate the energy within the boy, making you feel great post exercise and helps reset us physically, mentally, energetically and spiritually.
Take a salt bath. Salts like Himalayan Salt or Epsom Salt have wonderful restorative and healing properties. Draw a warm bath and add some of your favourite salt to the water. Relax and fill your mind and body with positive energy. This can help you rid yourself of negative energy and ground
Meditation. Find a grounding meditation to help you feel connected to the earth and to help you become more present. Or simply sit, count your breath and with every exhale send your energy into the earth, requesting an anchor to hold and steady you.
Crystals . Keep a grounding crystal such as Smokey Quartz, Hematite, Black Tourmaline or Bloodstone in your pocket/handbag and hold them whenever you need. Take a few deep breaths and let the crystal do its work to calm and ground you.
Grounding Aura spray. I love to use my Grounding Aura Spray whenever I need. This is a blend of essential oils and hematite crystals. Simply spray in a arch over your head and repeat the affirmation ‘ I am grounded and connected to Mother Earth’. You instantly feel calm and grounded. I love to use this daily and keep one on my desk and another in my handbag for when I am on the move. Yon can find the link to the spray HERE
Drink ceremonial cacao. Cacao can be a great way to connect yourself physically and spiritually to the earth. She can help align your physical and mental state as you become grounded and present, plus a whole range of other health benefits. You can find Cacao in my shop HERE .
Enjoy your exploration into the techniques that work best for you. I’d love to hear how you get on or share with me your top tips.